5 laws of personal space in the relationship of the child and parents
Don't touch, it's mine!
It is very difficult to explain to a child who has just learned to walk, why it is impossible to take in hand everything he meets on the way. At this age, quite calm "you can not touch it." But when the crumb is able to negotiate, do not waste time. Begin to explain that parents have their own things belonging only to them.
In order for explanations to take place without mutual mental damage, please note the following.
If the child stubbornly grabs other people's things - this does not mean that you have a malicious violator of parental requirements or a future thief. Just the brain of a preschooler still can not cope with an instant strong desire. He saw an interesting thing and really, really wanted to get it. It is good or bad to do this for what it will be - the child is not able to think about all this.
Your little man does not yet understand what personal belongings are.Will learn! But as? Of course, not shouts and punishments. Our task is to convince.
For example, a naughty boy withdrew a beautiful diary from his father’s table and added his own “records” from the bottom of his heart. Suggest to imagine: if dad will take your favorite car to work and break it? Of course, the child will cry out: "Let him not touch, this is mine!" And here is the moral: there is yours, and there is daddy (mother's, grandmother's).
Together, determine what things in an apartment are divided into:
- Those that can be taken without asking: his toys, clothes, etc .;
- Those that can be taken to a child only after receiving permission (treats, TV remote control);
- Those that can never be taken, including parental things.
Do not doubt, the contract will be violated more than once or twice.
- First, immediately discuss the consequences for the offender.
- Secondly, do not raise about this noise up to heaven. The child instantly "srisyut" violent reaction and will take forbidden things to attract once again the attention of parents.
And, of course, we remember the great strength of our own example.Let respect for other people's things he learns from you.