Breastfeeding Lure: Basic Rules
Your baby grows so fast that you do not even notice how it goes month after month.You have already mastered breastfeeding remarkably, but now it's time to introduce complementary foods. How and when to enterbreastfeeding supplements? About this today and talk.
Read also:Diathesis: what you need to know nursing mom
When to introduce complementary foods?
Breastfeeding Lure- this is a purely individual question for each child, because, as you know, two identical children do not exist by their nature and preferences.
Pediatricians from around the world have many different approaches to the introduction of complementary foods, a huge number of completely different schemes have been developed.breastfeeding supplements. To choose something and say that this is true is absolutely impossible.
Therefore, we pay attention to the fact that all pediatricians, in particular pediatricians of the World Health Organization, are united:
- up to 4 months, supplements are not introduced, as too early supplements adversely affect the child’s immune system and gastrointestinal tract;
- the optimal time for the introduction of complementary foods is 6 months;
- the purpose of feeding up to a year is not to feed the baby, but gradually accustom him to a new food;
- breastfeeding in absolute priority before lure, that is, if the baby is 6 months old, he is perfectly eating breast milk, enough milk, the baby is fed, he is not trying to try other food, then there is no need for food, you can wait a little while the baby is not ready for the introduction of complementary foods.
Read also:Children's food in the microwave: the pros and cons
Breastfeeding Lure: Is the Baby Ready?
The age of the baby is an important criterion, which allows you to understand that the child is already ready for a new food. But this criterion is far from being the only one, there are a number of factors that allow parents to understand whether it is time to have a lead or you can wait a bit.
These factors include:
- your child is 4 months old;
- he already began to weigh twice as much as at birth;
- the baby is sitting confidently by itself;
- can push his lip to eat from a spoon;
- learned to turn away to show his refusal to eat;
- baby shows interest in adult food.
Mother Forumka Oksana shared her story:“My daughter tried the first feed in 7 months. Everyone was pushing me: it was time to feed as much as possible, the child was hungry. But in 6 months my daughter did not sit herself, well, what kind of food is there, why torment her? I decided to wait. She sat down at the age of 7 months, after which I began to introduce supplements.
Read also:How to enter porridge in the diet of the baby
How to start feeding when breastfeeding?
There are many different schemes of complementary foods, before starting to follow this or that scheme, which you will read or hear somewhere, you should consult with your pediatrician, as only he knows the state of health of your baby and its features.
Maria Savinova, pediatrician, homeopath: "As for the first complementary foods, there are usually two recommendations: to start with cereals, ifthe child is thin, and from vegetables or fruits, if the child is well-fed. It is better to choose rice or buckwheat from porridges, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, vegetables are perfect, bananas, apples from fruits ”.
More about the products of the first complementary foods
1.Kashi.For the first feeding, take buckwheat, rice or corn non-dairy cereals. They rarely cause allergies because they do not contain gluten (a concept that combines a group of storage proteins that make up the seeds of a cereal plant: wheat, rye, oats, and barley).
2. Vegetables.As the first vegetables, choose non-allergenic vegetables: zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin.
3. Fruit.For the first acquaintance with fruit, green sweet apples and bananas are perfect. This fruit is the least allergenic.
Mom note: the introduction of complementary foods:
- Litter begin to give only a healthy baby;
- a few days before and after vaccinations, it is better not to introduce supplements;
- It is recommended to offer lure before feeding with breast milk;
- for the first time, offer the baby 1 teaspoon of a new product;
- every day, gradually increase the amount of complementary foods until you replace one feeding;
- if the child refuses any product, do not insist;
- repeat the product that did not like, after a few weeks;
- enter a new product no more than once every 5 days;
- You should not introduce a new type of food until you have replaced one of the feedings with the previous ones, for example, you do not need to give the child vegetables until you have replaced one with porridge;
- Start feeding with mono-component foods only.
Before you start feeding, consult with a pediatrician.
Starting to introduce lure, tune in to the fact that this is a long process, be patient and attentive to the reactions of the child to new foods. If there is an allergy, it is necessary to cancel the product and contact your pediatrician.