Choosing the best blender: 2018 rating for reliability and quality
Blenders have gradually become indispensable helpers in the kitchen, which will both prepare the cocktail, grind the meat, and make the vegetable puree. There are a huge number of models on the home appliance market, choosing between which one starts to get lost and doubt whether it’s all necessary, how not to run into a marriage and choose a good device. We offer you an overview of blenders with a 2018 rating in terms of functionality, characteristics and quality. The top 10 includes units of different configuration and price category.
How to choose a good blender for home
Technique can be divided into two groups: more dimensional stationary blenders and portable submersible. Of course, representatives of each of them will have their differences, and therefore, before buying it is important to know about the main of them.
Did you know? The first known blender in history was stationary, and it is only 25 years younger than the usual meat grinder.In 1922, it was invented by Stephen Poplavsky, however, then the device was intended only for mixing water, syrup and carbon dioxide crystals.
Models of stationary type
Stationary blenders are used to make mashed potatoes, smoothies, minced meat
The main component of the stationary models, which distinguishes them from submersible options, is a large enough bowl with sharp knives on the bottom. European housewives call such a device a shaker (mainly used for making cocktails), but we have a longer definition of “blender”, which is not surprising given the main functions of such an assistant.
Compared with immersion models, stationary have several undeniable advantages. For example, you will not have to make any physical effort to hold the blender, just press a button and wait a bit, which is especially valuable when there is a lot of work. In addition, in many modern versions of such equipment there is already a self-cleaning function (to rinse the blender, you simply need to pour warm water into the bowl and turn on the device in standard operating mode).As for the main drawbacks, they include large dimensions and the difficulty of chopping vegetables, which almost immediately take on the appearance of mashed potatoes.
In order not to be mistaken in choosing your “kitchen assistant”, it is important to consider the following features when purchasing:
- The power of the device is the first thing to pay attention to. Most stationary blenders can boast a characteristic of 500-900 watts, but some of them reach 1 200-1 500 watts. Of course, the more power, the greater the functions the device will have (for example, it will be able to easily chop ice, nuts or beat the dough), but at the same time its cost and noise level will be much higher. To prepare soft food, a blender with a power of 600 W is sufficient.
- Knives and their number. After the motor, they are considered to be the most important parts of the device, and in stationary models they can be one or two. In the latter case, the grinding process will be faster, but if the knives are also curved, then all the ground products will mix much more evenly. It is better if these parts are large and made of sturdy stainless steel.
- The material of the bowl.The glass container is easier to clean, does not absorb odors and does not lose its appearance, but with all these advantages it can break up, and it can be difficult to replace it. Also it is worth remembering that in a plastic bowl you can not pour hot water or put hot food, as it can crack.
- Bowl volume. Most often, sales can be found instances with a volume of capacity for products of 0.4-2.0 l, which fully satisfies the needs of both small and large enough families (do not forget that the bowl of the device should not be full to the brim, so always consider stock about 0.2 l).
- Engine compartment Be sure to pay attention to the width and weight of the engine block, because when processing a large number of solid products, the light device will be less stable than heavy. In particular, this figure also depends on the material of the motor case, and steel products also have better impact resistance. Well, if the selected blender will have rubber feet or lining.
- The speed of the knives is another criterion of choice. The stationary models produced today usually have from one to thirty high-speed modes, although 4-6 speeds are sufficient for the realization of most culinary tasks.
- Control Panel.The device with touch buttons is easier to clean, but this model is somewhat more expensive than the usual one, and the standard push buttons are more familiar.
- Additional features. It is good if the selected blender has a spout or faucet for direct spilling of liquid from the bowl, an overheating shutdown system and a self-cleaning function.
From the above, we can conclude that the main indicators of the quality of the selected stationary blender will be the strength of the material of manufacture and power, although there will be enough products with average indicators, especially if you do not plan to use it too often.
Decide what functions the blender should perform
Did you know? Until 1955, the blender did not have wide popularity, and most housewives, for example, in America, did without it successfully. Everything changed after the international exhibition in Hanover, when manufacturers demonstrated all the advantages of the device: from that moment its rapid spread began in different countries of the world.
The material of manufacture of the device and its functionality are no less important when buying a submersible blender, but the main criteria here will still be power and speed of turns.The higher these characteristics, the faster the tool will cope with its task of grinding products. True, one can not ignore such a feature as the length of the wire of the selected model, moreover, sometimes this criterion should be brought to the fore. Consider all the important characteristics more closely:
- Power. Most often, this indicator in modern models ranges between 140-1200 watts. Devices up to 250 watts are considered low-powered and are able to cope only with soft products like tomatoes or bananas. With an immersion blender with a capacity of 250 to 600 W, you can chop meat and frozen vegetables, but devices with a capacity of 650 to 1 000 W can cope with solid foods: nuts, coffee, and even ice. Blenders with a capacity of more than 1,000 W are used for kneading dough, and the corresponding nozzles are included in the package of such models.
- The number of nozzles. Today, even the simplest devices come with several types of nozzles, allowing to solve a variety of culinary problems. In addition to the submerged part with a knife, a whisk is usually attached to the blender, a mini-mill (a small cup with a knife,used for grinding coffee beans or cereals), a bowl-chopper (presented as a glass with a lid and knives), etc. Of course, if you already have a mixer or food processor, many of these additions will be superfluous.
- Speed switch. Standard models of immersion blenders usually have from 2 to 24 speeds, but the best is the presence of 5-7, which will be quite enough to solve common kitchen tasks. In order to ensure the convenience of switching, it is better to choose options with a special smooth regulator, since in the pulse versions the speed of rotation of the knives directly depends on the strength of the impact on the button, which is not very convenient in operation. In the presence of the "turbo" mode, it is possible to immediately switch to the maximum speed by pressing just one button. True, many housewives consider this option to be useless, since it is possible to achieve the desired result by simply switching the regulator.
- The weight of the device and the noise level during operation. The submersible blender has to be held in the hand, so the question of its weight is quite relevant. Choose comparatively light models that will be most convenient in work, and to make sure,that they will not create a large acoustic voltage, ask the seller to turn on the device in the store.
- Optional accessories. Each manufacturer decides how nice little things to add to his creation, however, in the standard version, the blender often comes with a stand for the nozzles and the blender handle itself (steel better), fixing elements for fixing on the wall, measuring cup and rubberized handle arm.
- The length of the wire to power the device from the network. Considering the fact that when using an immersion blender, it is necessary to hold it in your hand, the cord length is quite an important selection criterion. Even if it seems long to you, it can be shortened with the included fasteners, and in some models of blenders there is even a special button, which, when pressed, allows you to hide the cord in the instrument's handle.
Important! When choosing battery models (there are such), you need to understand that in terms of power, they will significantly lag behind the standard wired ones. In addition, they lack a whole set of useful functions in the kitchen.
Rating of blenders for reliability and quality in 2018: a review of the top 10 with the price and photos
There are many products from the category of "kitchen appliances" on the modern market, so you should not be surprised that in almost any specialized store you will be offered up to 10 (and sometimes more) blender models. Consider the top ten.
Rawmid Dream Samurai BDS-04
Benefits include easy handling and good build.
This model is of a stationary type and is characterized by a power of 2,900 W (knives can perform up to 50,000 revolutions per minute). Blender control is completely mechanical, there is a smooth adjustment of speeds (there are 7 of them all).
Among the additional features of the device it is possible to mark an ice pin. Both the body and the jug are made of durable plastic, there is a drain tap and an opening for products. The weight of the whole structure of the Rawmid Dream Samurai BDS-04 reaches 5 kg, with overall dimensions of 21/52/25 cm. The price of this model in different stores varies between 16,700–18,900 rubles, which often repels buyers. The country of origin is China, although some stores talk about assembly in American and Japanese factories.
To make a final decision on the appropriateness of such a purchase, you must first compare all the pros and cons of the model.The advantages of Rawmid Dream Samurai BDS-04 include:
- ease of control;
- comparative noiselessness;
- smooth grinding of products to different states;
- attractive appearance;
- durable plastic and good build;
- The presence of a rubber cover that fits snugly against the jug (it also has a pusher hole).
Among the shortcomings, some users highlight the rather large size of the blender, and of course, the high cost.
Philips HR 2166
The mill and a nozzle filter is included in the package
Another stationary model of the blender, however, with much lower power ratings - 600 watts. As in the previous case, the control is mechanical, with a smooth adjustment of the two available speeds. In addition to the blender, the mill also includes a mill, and among the additional advantages there is the possibility of using a filter nozzle.
The case and jug of Philips HR 2166 are made of durable plastic, there is an opening for ingredients in the lid, and the power cord is 1 m long. The weight of the whole structure, for which you have to pay about 5,300–6,700 rubles, is 1.9 kg.
The advantages of this blender are as follows:
- fully fulfills all the tasks assigned to him, according to the functions declared by the manufacturer;
- has an attractive appearance;
- disassembled, suitable for washing in the dishwasher;
- comfortable in using.
The disadvantages of the use of this particular model, many users attributed:
- relatively small bowl volume (2 l);
- poor quality of corolla;
- the impossibility of regular use for the preparation of puree from solid products (according to reviews, with daily preparation of smoothies from frozen berries and fruits, the device quickly fails).
Important! To eliminate possible problems when using a blender, always carefully read the instructions for its use, because its manufacturer knows best about the features of a particular model.
The blender is equipped with an additional mode of operation - pulsed
This model, like the previous ones, is a representative of stationary blenders, with only slightly lower power characteristics - only 400 watts. The control of the device is mechanical, the number of speeds is 2. The only additional operating modes are pulsed.
The body and the 1.5-liter bowl of the blender are made of plastic, and there is an opening in the lid for laying the ingredients. The weight of the whole structure is 2.4 kg, and the cost varies between 1,900-3,500 thousand rubles. The country of origin is China.
Advantages of the Moulinex LM300:
- cord storage compartment;
- the stability of the legs and the base itself;
- ease of use;
- no extra components;
- availability of cleaning mode;
- low noise level during the work;
- affordable cost.
Disadvantages of the model:
- a sharp smell of burning rubber when first turned on;
- knives do not always capture coarsely chopped vegetables;
- at the second speed it is possible to flow through the screw fixing the knife;
- for grinding solid products (eg, croup) they need to fall asleep in small portions.
Important! All the pros and cons of this or that device are based on feedback from users, but do not forget that not all of them apply to all products of a particular manufacturer: maybe someone incorrectly used the blender or they got a defective copy, and after replacing it minor problems will be no more.
Polaris PTB 0204G
The stationary unit from Polaris is suitable for simple cooking tasks
The stationary blender from Polaris is characterized by a power of 600 W, mechanical control and the presence of a two-speed mode of operation. Among the additional functions are the pulsed mode and the possibility of chopping ice.
The body of the blender is plastic, but the bowl (with a volume of 1.2 liters) is made of glass. The design provides a drain tap, there is a hole for the ingredients, and the length of the power cord reaches 1 m. The weight of the Polaris PTB 0204G blender is 2.6 kg, the price is 2 100–3 750 rubles.
The merits of the model include:
- ease of use;
- ease of cleaning;
- glass bowl;
- attractive design;
- the absence of additional accessories that increase the cost of the device (relevant for those who need only the blender itself);
- affordable price.
Among the shortcomings were found the following:
- high noise level;
- fast wear of the knives and their vibration;
- The presence of a gap between the lid and the plug, which does not allow filling the bowl to the top.
In other respects, the power and functionality of this blender will be sufficient to solve ordinary culinary tasks.
Bosch MSM 6B700
Complete with a blender measuring cup and a bowl with knives
Unlike previous versions, this model is representative of the submersible type. Power Bosch MSM 6B700 - 350 W, but the speed is only one. The submersible part and knives are made of stainless steel, there is a grinding mode. The blender kit also includes a whisk for whipping or kneading dough, measuring cup and a bowl with knives. The weight of the device is 1.9 kg, the price is 1,750–2,500 rubles, the country of origin is Slovenia.
- relatively low noise during operation;
- stainless steel knives;
- easy disassembly and the ability to clean removable parts in the dishwasher;
- symbolic designations of methods of use, which facilitates the work of beginners;
- affordable cost.
Among the shortcomings users identified:
- presence of only one speed of work;
- relatively low power (not enough for easy meat processing and whipping of proteins);
- the inability to wash some parts - they can only be wiped with a rag.
Braun MQ 5077
Prices for this unit range from 5,500 to 12,000 thousand rubles.
Another submersible blender, managed to win the recognition of domestic users. Its capacity is twice that of the previous version and is 750 W, and there are 21 speeds.The device includes a bowl with a volume of 1 600 ml, a whisk, a measuring cup, a nozzle for kneading dough, a nozzle for coarse and fine rubbing of products, a disk for slicing plates, nozzles for making mashed potatoes and french fries. There is a turbo mode, and you can switch speeds with one hand, just by scrolling the knob.
Overall dimensions in the package correspond to the values of 28.8 / 18.1 / 50.9 cm, with a weight of 3.11 kg (net weight of the device is about 2.42 kg). If all these characteristics are completely suitable for you, then Braun MQ 5077 will need to pay 5 500-12 000 rubles, although some online stores also indicate more acceptable prices. Country of origin - Poland.
Advantages of the model:
- according to the main functions it can easily replace a food processor;
- suitable for kneading dough and cutting meat;
- many nozzles included;
- good build quality of the device;
- attractive appearance;
- relatively high power ratings for immersion blenders.
- non-separable motor unit, which in the event of a burnout is no longer subject to repair;
- small corolla size;
- sometimes it does not completely grind products, which can be explained by design features;
- There is no stand for all available attachments.