Fire safety of buildings and structures: basic provisions
Three quarters of all fires taking place in the country,are fixed in residential buildings. Each year, in their result, more than fifteen thousand people die. Therefore, it is so important to take effective measures for comfortable and safe living of people. And one of these measures is to tighten the regulatory requirements for such a factor as the fire safety of buildings and structures. Compulsory fire insurance must be introduced in residential premises. And the population should be well informed about the necessary security measures.
Here are some basic provisions of fire safety, developed in accordance with the requirements of SNiP.
- In residential buildings, specificengineering and construction solutions that ensure the possibility of timely and accessible evacuation of all residents, regardless of their age and health status.
- Fire safety of buildings and structures should exclude the spread of ignition to nearby objects, as much as possible to limit the damage caused to them - both direct and indirect.
- At the stage of building the building is fireproofActivities (of course, envisaged by the project) are priority. Fire safety in construction is observed in a strictly established manner.
- During the operation of residential buildingsstructural, engineering and technical changes and volumetric re-planning are allowed without a corresponding project providing for fire safety of buildings and structures.
- Some projects receive permission for theirconstruction under certain conditions: limiting the fire load or the number of people who may be in a particular part of the building. In this case, inside, in prominent places, notices of these restrictions should be placed, and the administration requires the development of certain organizational arrangements.
- Fire safety of buildings and structures should be carried out taking into account the location of the relevant fire departments and their technical equipment.
If we compare the requirements of a firesecurity requirements for residential buildings and industrial premises, you can see that the latter, as a rule, are more stringent. Finishing materials for warehouse or industrial buildings should have increased characteristics in terms of flammability, smoke generation, toxin release. To the materials for finishing inside apartments such strict limitations are not imposed. As a result, often in residential areas, carpeting is used, wall decoration materials that easily ignite and release a large number of dangerous combustion products.
In addition, in the kitchens of many houses annuallythousands of explosions of domestic gas are recorded. If measures to improve the current situation are not accepted, this can lead to serious consequences. Therefore, modern regulatory regulation of the level of fire safety serves to reduce damage from accidents and draws attention to the current problems in this area.