How to draw a dragon in stages?
Watch the video
The dragon is a mythical animal, presentin the cultures of many peoples. He is often portrayed in fantastic paintings, makes a cartoon hero or a fairy tale. Drawing a dragon can be a very interesting activity for any artist, so you should consider in detail how to draw a dragon in stages. Before you start the image of the animal, you should decide what the dragon will be, because there are a lot of variants and all of them are different from each other.
How to draw a Chinese dragon in stages?
One of the most popular is Chinesethe Dragon. This is a good creature with a long serpentine body, four legs, a mane like a lion and small horns. His image has long been placed in homes for protection from evil spirits and the well-being of the family.
- To draw a Chinese dragon, it is necessary to make sketches: to make a circle for the head, a line to designate a long sinuous body with a tail.
- In the upper part, closer to the head, we draw two short paws with five claws.
- Lower legs will be located approximately in the middle of the body and also have claws.
- On the head we depict triangular ears, small twisting horns, a developing mane.
- Also it is necessary to designate two ovals for the eyes and an oval for the open mouth.
- Now you need to add detailed details. On the muzzle, draw wide eyes, nose on the nose, open mouth with sharp teeth and long mustache.
- We depict hair on the head, chin, in the sideburn area.
- We pass to the body, making it thicker and drawing hair on the back in the form of a mane.
- Paws, too, lead to a logical conclusion, drawing claws and muscles.
- Bright colors need to paint an animal. Chinese dragon can be red, orange, green, gold.
How to draw a toothless dragon in stages?
Another popular mythical character is the Dragon Bezubik from the cartoon "How to Train Your Dragon."
Fans definitely want to draw it. This can be done by following the following tips:
- Denote the main parts of the body: the round head, we will attach to it an elongated, vertical oval for the body.
- Next to the large oval at the base there will be two oval-shaped ovals for the hind legs.
- On the sides we depict wings in the form of elongated diamonds and in front of long front paws.
- We pass to the muzzle, having spent in the middle a vertical line and two horizontal where there will be eyes.
- Draw large eyes looking down, small nose, wide, long ears and small horns.
- On the forehead, the dotted lines should be drawn - these will be scales.
- Drawing paws with claws, wings like a bat.
- We color the Toothless with a dark gray color.
The dragon turned out to be sitting with wings diluted on the sides.
Additionally, read the information ondrawing this mythical character can be in the article How to draw a dragon, and in the Drawing section, there are still many interesting recommendations for artists.