How to draw a unicorn?
The unicorn is a mythological creature that is most often depicted as a snow-white horse with one horn on its forehead. The unicorn plays an important role in many legends and tales of the Middle Ages: powerful magicians ride it, its blood and horn have fantastic healing and magical properties, according to Christian traditions the unicorn is the emblem of the Virgin Mary. Today we will try to tell you in detail about how to draw a unicorn with a pencil. Prepare paper and pencil and get down to business.
- Step 1. Look at our illustration and start drawing with a schematic representation of the head, chest and croup of a unicorn, which are ovals of a little irregular shape. Next, mark the horse with a small rectangle and mark the location of the ears. Make a preliminary sketch of the contours of the legs of the animal, trying to convey their movement as it is done in our drawing.
- Step 2. We work on the head of the unicorn, draw the eyes and nostrils, make out the front part of the muzzle.Go to the feet of the animal. We start by drawing the hind limbs, emphasizing the bend of the lean belly and drawing the front legs, paying particular attention to the knee joints.
- Step 3. Before drawing a unicorn further, we examine the resulting drawing and check the proportions of the body and limbs. If everything is drawn correctly and proportionately, proceed to the next step. We finish the front legs of our unicorn, draw headstock and hooves, draw the relief of the muscles on the legs and rump of the horse and begin to draw the tail. Since the unicorn is a fabulous horse, we make a very long, volumetric and wavy tail for it.
- Step 4. At this point our story about how to draw a unicorn in stages, is almost complete. It remains only to shade the eyes and nostrils, draw the mane and its main decoration - a twisted horn in the middle of the forehead.
- Step 5. Our magic unicorn is almost ready.