How to make lizuna?
Watch the video
In this article, we will tell you how you canto make a lizuna at home. Such a lizun will not be toxic or harmful. We give some safe ways to make this toy. It's not hard to make a lizun!
Slim (English Slime) - a toy thatwas first released in 1976 by Mattel. The toy consists of a viscous material, more reminiscent of jelly, and has the properties of a non-Newtonian fluid. In 1976, the main component of the slime was guar gum. Slim was green and sold in a special plastic jar. In the post-Soviet period the slime became known as the "lizun".
How to make a lime from water and glue
- We buy in the store PVA glue. Only pay attention to the fact that the glue was white and fresh. For Lizun we need 100 grams.
- Then take a glass of water at room temperature.
- In addition, we will need a borax, known assodium tetraborate. It is required to use a solution of 4% or ordinary powder. Borax can be bought at any pharmacy without any restrictions. Tetraborate sodium is often used by jewelers and is sold in a store with chemical reagents or in radiotars.
- In order to make the lizuna more visual, it is necessary to choose a color. For color, any food color or gouache is suitable.
- Take care of the container in which you will mix the ingredients.
Take 1/4 cup of water and the same amount of glue,stir. Then add the dye to the mass. If borax is in powder, then dissolve one tablespoon in water. If you use a borax solution, use it immediately. If we are mixing the homogeneous adhesive mass, we gradually add a solution of borax (about half the glass) into it. Lizun is ready. To ensure that the lizun as long as possible does not lose its properties, keep it in a cool place and in a closed container, for example, in a small jar. Watch out so that the salt does not get inside the lime, otherwise the composition of the lizard will become uneven. If you find that the lizun has begun to lose its original properties, make a new toy. Some advise in case the lime has become brittle, add a little water to it. Isolate the toy from contact with clothing or carpet, because he immediately catches small villi. After playing with a lizun, be sure to wash your hands and places of contact with the toy.
How to make lizuna without sodium with the help of starch and glue
What we need:
- Prepare for lizun liquid school glue. It must be white.
- Then take care of the starch. Starch can be easily purchased at a hardware store (usually starch is used for starching linen).
- In order to make the toy color, do not forget about the green food color.
- We need a polyethylene bag as a container for mixing the mass.
Take the sachet and pour into it 1/3 cupliquid starch, adding a couple of dye droplets. In a package with starch add? a glass of thick glue. The mass must be thoroughly mixed before the appearance of the clot. If there is some liquid left, the lizard should be removed from the bag and allowed to flow.
How do children make lizuna with alcohol
In order to make lizuna with alcohol, we will need:
- Polyvinyl alcohol (dry powder)
- Borate sodium (borax), which can be purchased at any pharmacy
- Food coloring
Take the enameled container and place it in it.polyvinyl alcohol. Dilute it as indicated on the package. But do not put the whole pack out at once. Put the container for 45 minutes for moderate fire, do not forget to stir it, otherwise it can burn. Then cool. In a glass of warm water, add 2 tablespoons of sodium borate powder. Wait until the crystals of the powder disperse, then the solution must be filtered. In a ratio of 3 to 1, combine the alcohol solution and sodium borate. Gradually the substance will turn into slime. The last stage of making the lizard, devote it to tinting. Do you want to give the smell a pleasant smell? Add a few drops of essential oil. If desired, you can add a sequin to the process of making a toy.
Toy "Lizun" is not at all useless thing, because withher help develops the motor activity of the child and the fine motor skills of the hands. This is the toy that the child will not be able to break, as the lizun can be twisted, crumpled and thrown as much as desired. However, it is worth explaining to the child that lizuna can not be thrown anywhere. Take care that the toy does not get on the surface, covered with lime, water-based paints and other materials that do not lend themselves to wet processing. Otherwise, the surface will remain an ugly fatty trace, from which it will be difficult to get rid of. Despite the fact that the lizun is a safe enough toy, take care that the child does not take the toy into his mouth, because it contains chemicals.
On popular resources you can find video lessonsmanufacturing of the lime. To do this, enter the query in the video search line, for example, "how to make a lick of paper", "how to make a lime from an adhesive" or "how to make a lime without a borax".
Now you know how to make a lizuna yourhands. Try to offer your child to make you a company. After all, it is these joint activities that bring together and give pleasure to the whole family!