How to put a melody on an iPhone?
It would seem that it may be easier to install your favorite ringtone on the bell? Throughout the history of mobile phones, this procedure was carried out in two clicks, but Apple, as you know, has its own history, and therefore the installation process of the melody is special.
Let us explain how to set the melody on the iPhone, in steps:
- We connect the iPhone to the PC and wait for iTunes to open.
- Click on the "File" tab, then "Add a file to the library ...". In the window that appears, select any media file stored on your computer, click "Open".
Important point! The file installed on the call should not be longer than 38 seconds, and therefore, most likely, it will have to be cut off (to do this via iTunes is very easy).
- Click the right button on the open file, in the drop-down menu, select the item "Information". In the window that appears, select the "Parameters" tab, set the start time for the melody and stop, click "OK".
- The file is shortened only virtually. We click on it with the right button, select the item "Create version in AAC format".Now we’ve got two files - a melody preserved in its original form and a new short composition.
- Click on the short file with the right button, select the item "Show in Windows Explorer". Now our task is to change the file resolution. The created file has the m4a permission, change it to m4r and drag it back to iTunes.
- Next, go to the "Sounds" tab in iTunes, sync your computer and iPhone.
- We take your iPhone, go through the path Settings / Sounds / Ringtone and here, if everything is done correctly, we find the desired composition. We click on it and now it will sound when they call you.
At first glance, this procedure looks very tricky, however, having done it five times, you will bring your skills to automatism, and the process of setting the melody to the iPhone will no longer be a difficult task for you!