"Kalchek": instructions for use, indications, analogues, reviews of cardiologists
The article introduces the drug "Kalchek", with its pharmacological properties, route of administration and side effects. This is a fairly popular and inexpensive medicine. Instructions for use "Kalchek" will allow the correct use of the drug, as well as familiar with the contraindications.
Tablets "Kalchek" are drugs that block calcium channels. They allow to reduce the pressure in the patient, as well as protect against the appearance of unstable angina.
The drug has a slight relaxing effect, which favorably affects the work of blood vessels and heart muscle. Most often, doctors prescribe it for the prevention of heart attacks and treatment of angina.
Kalchek is available in the form of white tablets of 2.5, 5 or 10 mg.Each of them is in an individual cell on a blister.
To the preparation "Kalchek" instructions for use are attached. This drug is available in pharmacies only by prescription.
As written in the instructions for use, "Kalchek" has antihypertensive properties, dilates blood vessels and acts as an antispasmodic. Its active substances block the intake of calcium ions, thereby preventing a heart attack.
By acting on the vessels and cells of the myocardium, Kalchek reduces the load on the heart, increases the flow of oxygen into the blood.
The drug does not violate the metabolism, as well as allowed for diabetes. The tool is quickly absorbed by the body, with the maximum concentration in the blood is reached after 10 hours.
Indications for use
For diseases of the cardiovascular system, doctors prescribe the drug "Kalchek. Instructions for use indicates that the indications for its use are:
- High blood pressure. The drug is prescribed both in monotherapy, and together with other drugs.
- Vasospastic angina - oxygen starvation of myocardial vessels. Most often the disease causes atherosclerosis.
- Unstable angina is a precursor of myocardial infarction.
- Angiospastic angina - spasm of the coronary artery.
After conducting all the necessary examinations, the cardiologist will determine the dosage of the Kalchek preparation, the indications and prescribe a course of treatment.
According to reviews of cardiologists, "Kalchek" can not be assigned to each patient. Instructions for use indicates a number of contraindications:
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- allergic reactions to the components of the drug;
- hypotension when blood pressure is less than 90 mm Hg;
- children under the age of 18;
- heart failure.
Prescription of treatment is carried out taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient The cardiologist must determine how effective this drug will be in this case. If the benefits of the drug outweigh the possible side effects, the choice is made in favor of the drug.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy, the choice of drugs should be given special attention.The instructions for the drug "Kalchek" states that there is still no exact information about its possible effect on the health of the woman and the development of the fetus.
In the period of lactation, the use of tablets is prohibited, as derivatives of dihydropyridine can get into breast milk.
The attending physician, prescribing the drug, determines how much the benefit to the woman exceeds the risk to the health of the unborn child.
The choice of the dosage of the drug depends on the diagnosis:
- Arterial hypertension, as well as angina - at least 5 mg per day.
- In the case of dilated cardiomyopathy, treatment begins with 2.5 mg per day, gradually increasing to 10 mg.
The dosage is adjusted if the patient has side effects or to enhance the action of the active ingredients.
The drug is taken after meals with a large amount of water. The treatment must be carried out under the supervision of the attending physician. In no case can not reduce or increase the dosage independently, without the consent of him.
In most cases, the drug is well tolerated. But we must not forget that such a diagnosis as unstable angina or arterial hypertension requires a careful selection of drugs for treatment.While taking the drug "Kalchek" may cause side effects:
- swelling in the legs;
- chest pains;
- frequent mood changes, drowsiness, fatigue;
- vomiting, nausea, dry mouth, flatulence and constipation;
- in rare cases, seizures and tremors may occur;
- insomnia, fainting;
- shortness of breath and difficulty breathing;
- allergic reactions, dermatitis, itching.
In rare cases, swelling, frequent urination, impotence may appear.
If you experience side effects, you should immediately stop using the drug and consult a doctor immediately.
Interaction in with other drugs
The use of the drug "Kalchek" with other means:
- Allowed to take pills with warfarin, cimetidine, digoxin. Side effects in this case are not identified.
- If you take it simultaneously with drugs containing lithium, you may experience nausea, diarrhea, tinnitus.
- Calcium reduces the effectiveness of the tool.
It is very important to inform your doctor about all medicines that were taken previously or used at this time.
First of all, while taking Calchek with arterial hypertension and other diseases, it is necessary to monitor weight gain, as the medicine increases the feeling of hunger. While taking a course of pills, it is recommended to follow a certain diet.
There may be problems with gums and teeth. To do this, doctors recommend regularly visit the dentist and maintain oral hygiene.
It is impossible to stop treatment immediately, it is done gradually. The dosage depends not only on the diagnosis, but also on the general condition of the patient. So, for the elderly, people of small stature and with low body mass, a smaller amount of the active substance is prescribed.
Side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness suggest that patients need to be attentive while driving and during other actions that require concentration.
Before you prescribe the drug Kalchek, you must undergo the following procedures:
- general blood and urine analysis;
- blood test for hemoglobin;
- examination of the liver;
- independent daily monitoring of blood pressure;
- Ultrasound of the heart;
- consultations of the oculist and endocrinologist.
Excess doses may cause symptoms such as:
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure;
- heart palpitations;
- excessive peripheral vasodilation.
In this case, you must immediately flush the stomach and take activated charcoal. Immediately call an ambulance or go to the nearest medical center.
The cost of the drug depends on the dosage and the number of tablets in the package. On average, the price of Kalchek is:
- 30 tablets of 5 mg - 170 rubles;
- 30 tablets on 10 mg - 310 rubles.
Buy the drug is necessary only in pharmacies, in order to avoid the purchase of a fake.
"Kalchek" - analogues
It sometimes happens that the drug can not be used to treat the patient due to the presence of contraindications. In this case, analogs of the Kalchek drug come to the rescue:
- Amlodipine. Being an analogue of the “Kalchek” preparation, it relaxes the smooth muscles of the blood vessels and thereby reduces the need of myocardial cells for oxygen. It is used for hypertension, stable and unstable angina. Contraindications are individual intolerance to the components that make up it. The drug is used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.The dose of tablets for an adult is 5 mg per day.
- Amlovas. It has a relaxing effect on myocardial cells and vascular walls. This effect reduces the load on the heart and improves the flow of oxygen. It is used for angina, hypertension and non-ischemic cardiomyopathy. The drug has a number of contraindications: sensitivity to individual components, arterial hypotension. It is used with great caution during pregnancy and lactation, as well as in patients with impaired liver function and heart failure.
- Amlorus. An effective drug that has a lasting effect. The tool not only improves the flow of oxygen into the cells, but also reduces the load on the heart. The effect of the drug occurs in the first 4 hours after taking the first daily dose. Minuses "Amlorus" is a large list of contraindications. The dosage depends on the diagnosis.
- Amlodipine Sandoz. The drug is used for hypertension, stable and unstable angina. Contraindications are individual intolerance to the components and arterial hypotension. Take pills 5 mg per day.A lower dosage is recommended for patients with low weight or height, as well as kidney disease. It is used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
You can not engage in self-treatment, the appointment of the drug or its replacement by the same is made only by the attending physician.
Doctors believe that it is impossible to say unequivocally which drug is better or worse. For each patient, treatment is selected individually, based on his individual abilities, age, weight, chronic diseases.
Reviews of cardiologists on the drug "Kalchek" suggest that the pills are highly effective. At observance of a dosage already at first time there will be improvement of state of health, short wind will disappear. This is because myocardial cells receive enough oxygen.
It should be noted the low price of the drug, which makes it affordable for most patients. It can be taken for a long time, while it has a cumulative effect.
Cardiologists prescribe "Kalchek" pills not only because of their low prices. but also because it has a minimum of contraindications, rarely causes side effects, is well absorbed by the body.The active substances in the short term are absorbed into the blood and saturate the myocardial cells with oxygen, relaxing the walls of blood vessels.
Already at the beginning of treatment with Kalchek, an improvement in well-being may be noticed. Patients note, first of all, its high efficiency. Blood pressure returns to normal, it becomes easier to breathe, headaches disappear.
Many patients take the drug for a long time. At the same time, it is not addictive. In rare cases, patients report side effects in the form of diarrhea, skin redness, and changes in stool.
It is very important during the period of use of the drug to monitor your diet. Active ingredients increase hunger. As they say patients want to eat more often, which leads to a set of excess weight. To avoid this, it is recommended to divide the daily diet into 5-6 small equal portions.
The drug "Kalchek" has established itself as an effective tool for the treatment of high blood pressure, stable and unstable angina, having a minimum number of contraindications and side effects.But we should not forget that diagnosis and prescription of treatment is carried out only by a doctor.