Red fish baked with onions
Rules and secrets
Before preparing red fish, it is very important to carry out a preliminary preparation. When defrosting, it is better to place it entirely in brine (2.5–3 tbsp per 1 liter of water) for one and a half to two hours. Due to this, the structure will remain more complete, and the fillet will not lose its juiciness. Especially it is not recommended to re-freeze the fish, as it will later, upon further preparation, be dry and not so tasty. So that when cutting the pieces used for the soup, turned out to be complete, it is better to move the knife across the fibers. It is more expedient to bake the fillet with a whole piece, and before frying it is usually cut diagonally. As for seasonings, it is more appropriate to use them in the most minimal quantities, since the red fish already has a fairly rich taste. At the same time ginger, garlic and soy sauce are perfect for salmon, and white wine and greens (parsley, basil, celery, dill) to trout. For juiciness, red fish is often baked in a creamy sauce or using foil.An important secret is not to overcook the dish. Otherwise, the fish will become stiff and dry. Therefore, when combined with a side dish, for example, potatoes, it is laid out in a baking dish when the other products are half cooked.
Red fish baked with onions
The proposed dish has several advantages in cooking. Firstly, it is amazingly tasty and looks great externally, which means that it is most suitable for a festive dinner or meeting guests. Secondly, when using aromatic spices, red fish acquires a “restaurant” smell, which is especially attractive for gourmets. Thirdly, it takes a little time to prepare the dish, which is very important in a hassle rush before meeting guests.
- fillet of red fish - 300-400 g;
- onions - 2-3 pcs .;
- lemon - 2 pcs .;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- dried thyme - 2 tsp;
- olive oil;
- ground black pepper.
- It is much more convenient if the red fish for cooking is taken in the form of a finished fillet. It can be treated with salt and ground pepper in advance or immediately before baking. Place the fish in a greased form.It is better to use glass. The fillet is placed at the top of the flesh, and the skin on the bottom. Then rubbed salt and pepper. Then leave the fish for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut the lemons in half, squeeze their juice into fillets.
- Top with a little olive oil.
- Onion cut into rings, chop the garlic. Put the vegetables on top of the fish.
- Prepared red fish sprinkled with dried thyme.
- Cover with foil. Then put it in a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes at medium temperature.
- For a beautiful ruddy-colored fish and onions, you need to remove the foil. Then 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the pan and release from the cover. With this method, red baked fish and onions will get a delicious, slightly golden crust.
- As a side dish, use potatoes, vegetables, greens. Wonderful dish is ready to serve!