Shugaring is direct proof that sweet is also useful
Generally speaking, the remedy is far from new. They say he is not one thousand years old, they just forgot about him, but now they remembered. And every day the army of fans of this method is growing.
As you can guess from the title (Eng. sugar is sugar), shugaring is something related to sugar. The principle of action is similar to wax epilation. To the skin is applied a dense sticky mass, the hairs reliably adhere to it, and then the mass is quickly removed from the surface of the skin along with the hairs. Only in this case, not wax is used, but a sticky composition of molten sugar.
How is this sugar shugaring done?
Hair removal procedure
Some salons promise to remove hair of any length, but it is better to wait until they grow to about 2 mm.
Hair removal occurs in the following stages:
- Skin degreasing (lotion, talcum powder).
- Application of the composition against hair growth. In the salons a special paste for shugaring is used. Most brands offer an absolutely natural product without fragrances and dyes. For home hair removal, the paste can be bought at the store or cooked by yourself.
- The removal of the paste layer by a sharp movement together withhairs. In this case, you can repeat the procedure several times on the same area of the skin to achieve ideal smoothness. Irritation and other negative consequences this will not cause. The paste is removed by the growth of hair, without traumatizing the follicles.
- Flushing the skin with warm water.
- Application of moisturizing cream. Sometimes before this the skin is treated with special compounds that slow down hair growth.
During the day after the procedure, it is not recommended to sunbathe, visit the swimming pool, solarium and sauna.
They say that over time, the hairs weaken, thin out, and their number decreases. Not always, but some luck.
Advantages of slugging
- Use only natural ingredients.
- Ability to use on the most delicate(bikini, armpits, nadulubnaya zone). Naturally, those who are thinking about whether to try or not, torment the question: "Shugaring - is it painful?". Of course, assurances that sugar hair removal, unlike wax, painless - is not true (although there is an opinion that sugar still brings less pain than wax). The first time it will hurt. But tolerant, otherwise no one would have used this method. Each time the procedure will be easier. Remember how for the first time in life plucked eyebrows. Perhaps you already forgot that it was painful. Of course, everyone has a different threshold of sensitivity. It happens that a girl can only endure shaving and a depilation cream, but this is a special case.
- When used correctly, the probability of ingrown ingrown hair tends to zero.
- It can be used for varicose veins. There is no additional heating (enough heat of the skin), so this hair removal does not provoke the formation of vascular asterisks.
- Remains of the composition are easily washed off with water. Those who have ever done wax hair removal will understand what they are talking about.
- Due to the removal of hair in small areas and frequent movements, the skin does not stretch, so shugaring is suitable for sagging skin.
- The procedure does not cause swelling, redness, irritation.
- You can do it yourself at home, which will save a lot of money.
Like any cosmetic procedure, shugaring for physiological reasons is not available to everyone. Do not use this method of hair removal if:
- At the moment, the skin has a rash, irritation, purulent and inflammatory processes.
- You are intolerant of the individual components.
- You suffer from diabetes mellitus
Composition of homemade pasta for shugaring
It is not always possible to prepare the composition from the firsttimes. This case is subtle and relatively long. Sugar easily burns, the mixture can get too liquid or too hard. But everything comes with experience. But at once it is possible to weld such quantity of structure which will suffice for some months.
There are many recipes, but it can happen that you have to experiment with proportions yourself, creating a composition that is suitable for your hair structure.
Recipe 1.If you need a lot of mass
If you want to cook a lot at once, take 1kg of sugar, 7 tbsp. l. lemon juice and 8 tbsp. l. water. Mix it. Heat on high heat for several minutes, then reduce heat, stir, cover and cook for 40 minutes. Every 8-10 minutes, open the lid and mix the contents thoroughly. After this time, the sugar should completely melt and begin to bubble. Remove the lid and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes without covering it. Then pour into a container (preferably plastic), in which the composition will be stored.
After 3 hours, the mass will cool sufficiently, and it can be used.
You can store the prepared pastry in a refrigerator or at room temperature. When reusing, you just need to warm it up in a water bath.
Recipe 2.At once
10 tbsp. l. sugar, juice of half a lemon, 1 tbsp. l. water. Cook until golden-yellow for 10-15 minutes.
For application, a small ball is plucked,carefully kneaded in his hands until it becomes soft and viscous and does not acquire milky color. Then it is slightly stretched, superimposed on the skin against the growth of hair and tightly pressed. Now it needs to be cut as quickly and sharper as possible in the direction of hair growth. The procedure is repeated until all the hairs on the site have been removed. Remains of the composition are washed off with warm water, and the skin is applied to the cream.
Pasta for hair removal in the bikini zone is better to cook without lemon juice with the addition of honey.
I recall that the proportions of components can be slightly changed.
At first glance, it may seem that shugaring- this is a very time-consuming method. But everyone chooses for himself. Everywhere there are drawbacks. Removing hair using a depilator, for example, takes a lot of time, in addition, after each application, you need to clean the device. Shaving though is the fastest and easiest method, but also it is necessary to do it more often, thus infinitely buying shaving creams and changing the cassettes on the machine. It is worth trying everything to choose the best option.
Thus, shugaring is one of the convenient and accessible methods of epilation, which can be carried out both in the salon and at home.