The best recipe for tasty okroshka - cooking features and reviews
Okroshka is an ancient dish of Russian cuisine, the name of which comes from the verb “chop up”. In the literature, the recipe of this is mentioned starting from the XVIII century. Since its inception, this dish is constantly supplemented and improved. If initially okroshka was prepared as a mixture of meat or fish, vegetables and pickles (pickled cucumbers and mushrooms), seasoned with white kvass and sour cream, then gradually the recipe of the dish changed a lot. Today, as a rule, boiled meat, potatoes, eggs, fresh vegetables and a large amount of greens are included in it. Not only kvass, but also whey, kefir, other sour-milk drinks and mineral water are already used as gas stations.
Recipes for tasty okroshka are presented in our article. We offer to cook each of them and choose a worthy of your table.
General cooking tips and tips
Any recipe for tasty okroshka can always be changed and supplemented with other ingredients to your liking. This rule should be followed when preparing this native Russian dish. In preparing the ingredients, the following recommendations should be followed:
- Potatoes for okroshka can be boiled in a uniform or baked in an oven in the skin. In this case, any cooking method will do.
- It is preferable to use meat instead of sausage. Good okroshka is obtained from tender homemade pork, beef and poultry.
- From fresh vegetables, you can use both cucumber and radish, which will make the taste of cold soup more piquant.
- If you need to add a little spiciness, you should spice the hash with black pepper or mustard.
- Greens can be added any and in large quantities. To taste the soup turned out more saturated, finely chopped dill, parsley and onions are recommended to be ground in a mortar with salt until the juice is formed, and only then add to okroshka.
Delicious classic okroshka: recipe
Initially, kvass was used as the basis for a cold soup.It is this recipe of the most delicious okroshka, which is considered classic, we suggest to cook below.
Step-by-step cooking is as follows:
- Cool white or bread kvass. Leave it in the refrigerator until the remaining ingredients for the dish are sliced.
- Any meat (200 g) to taste to boil with spices. At the end of cooking, salt. Then cool and cut into small cubes.
- Potatoes (3 pcs.) Boil in uniform, wait until cool and chop into pieces like meat.
- Eggs (4 pcs.) Boil in water with salt, cool, peel and chop into cubes.
- Cucumbers and radishes finely chopped.
- Similarly, chop the herbs (onion, parsley, dill).
- All chopped ingredients are mixed in one bowl. The resulting mass is divided into portions on plates, pour cold kvass and add sour cream to taste. Salt as desired.
The recipe for tasty okroshka on kefir
Finding delicious homemade kvass for classic okroshka is not so easy. Therefore, many housewives try to replace it with fermented milk products, for example, whey, airan or kefir, when preparing cold soup.It is the last ingredient that is used in the following recipe.
The most delicious okroshka on kefir is prepared in the following sequence:
- Potatoes and eggs (3 pcs.) Are boiled in salted water, cooled and diced.
- Greens (onion, dill) is crushed.
- Fresh cucumbers (2 pcs.) And radishes (10 pcs.) Are sliced similarly to potatoes and eggs.
- Boiled meat (300 g) or ham is chopped finely.
- All ingredients are mixed in a saucepan and filled with kefir (1 l). Salt, mustard and pepper can be added to your liking.
In the summer heat, such okroshka is recommended to be consumed well chilled. For this kefir must be placed in advance in the refrigerator for several hours.
Okroshka on kvass
This recipe will appeal to all lovers of spicy. Such okroshka has a sharp taste due to the use of kvass as a liquid ingredient, as well as savory sharpness due to mustard dressing. The list of other components remains practically unchanged.
The recipe for tasty okroshka on kvass is as follows:
- Potatoes and eggs (4 pieces each) are boiled until cooked.
- Beef (300 g) is boiled with spices for about 1.5 hours, cooled and cut into strips.
- Potatoes, egg whites and 2 fresh cucumbers are cut into cubes.
- Crushed any greens to taste (large bunch).
- A spicy dressing of mustard (1 tablespoon), boiled egg yolks and salt to taste is prepared. This also adds a few tablespoons of sour cream.
- Chopped ingredients are mixed in a saucepan and poured kvass (1 l).
- Okroshka is poured into plates, after which a spoon of mustard-sour cream dressing is added to each.
Okroshka on kefir with mineral water
If there was no kvass in the refrigerator, then you should not be upset. Highly carbonated mineral water will help to replace this ingredient in okroshka. The sharp and savory taste of the dish is made thanks to a special dressing based on egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice.
Preparing delicious okroshka on kefir with mineral water according to the recipe of the following content:
- Boil in the peel, cool, peel and cut into small ones 4 tubers of potatoes.
- Similar actions to perform with chicken eggs, but should be cut only proteins, and the yolks should be left for refueling.
- Cook meat with spicy spices, onions and carrots.
- Chop greens and a couple of cucumbers.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- Prepare a dressing based on spicy mustard (1 tbsp. Spoon), lemon juice, salt and 4 yolks from boiled eggs. Add a few spoons of mineral water and mix well.
- Vegetables, herbs and meat pour chilled mineral water (1.5 liters). To taste add kefir (about 500 ml).
- Pour okroshka on plates and add dressing.
Okroshka recipe with shrimps
Want to try something unusual and exotic? Cook the okroshka with shrimp, although it has practically nothing to do with the classic dish. Instead of cucumbers and radish, tomatoes are used in cooking, which are perfectly combined with shrimps to taste.
The delicious okroshka recipe involves the following step-by-step preparation:
- Shrimp boil until cooked in boiling salted water. Then they need to be cleaned and cut if necessary.
- Tomatoes (3 pcs.) Cut into cubes.
- Boiled eggs (5 pcs.) Are crushed like tomatoes.
- Also chopped green onions and dill (by bundle).
- All ingredients are mixed in the same bowl with mayonnaise. Salt and pepper are added to taste.
- Further in the resulting "salad" pour water (1500 ml) and squeeze the juice from one lemon.Okroshka with shrimp ready. It will be even tastier if you use chilled and purified mineral water.
How to cook okroshka on sour cream?
Delicious cold soup can be prepared from incompatible at first glance ingredients. Pouring for sliced basic ingredients is made from water and sour cream, and the result is a very tasty okroshka.
All products for cold soup do not differ from those presented in previous recipes. You will need several potato tubers, boiled eggs, meat, sausage, ham or sausages, cucumbers and radishes, as well as a large amount of various greens. Pouring is prepared from two liters of cold boiled water and 500 ml of sour cream. The ingredients are well mixed, salt, pepper and mustard are added to taste. After this, pouring is poured to a mixture of eggs, vegetables and meat.
For many people, this is the best recipe for tasty okroshka. Water and sour cream make the dish tender, perfectly satisfying both thirst and hunger in the summer heat.
The recipe for hash on whey
Many housewives, thinking about what to replace kvass in okroshka, are not even aware of the possibility of using this product.Meanwhile, whey is a very high-quality and useful alternative to the famous bread drink.
The recipe is very tasty Okroshka is prepared as follows:
- Potatoes (4 pieces), eggs (7 pieces), meat (500 g) are boiled until ready.
- All ingredients are cooled, if necessary, cleaned and cut into cubes or in another way.
- Fresh cucumbers (2 pcs.) And greens are also ground.
- After that, pouring is prepared, on which the taste of the dish depends. For this, 200 ml of sour cream, salt to taste, as well as mustard and lemon juice are added to the cooled whey. Cooked pouring should have a pleasant sourish-salty taste.
- Whey filling is added to other ingredients, after which the okroshka is mixed and fed to the table.
Okroshka on mineral water
If there is no kvass or kefir in the refrigerator, but only a bottle of cold mineral water, you can cook a delicious summer soup that will be a real salvation in the heat. Preparing this dish from the already familiar ingredients. First, it is potatoes, boiled in a uniform or baked in a peel, peeled and cut into cubes or cubes.Secondly, it is eggs, diced. Third, boiled meat. Fourth, greens are added to okroshka, a few fresh cucumbers and radishes as desired.
All chopped ingredients are combined in one deep dish with pouring. For its preparation, carbonated mineral water (1.5 l) is mixed with mayonnaise (100 g), salt, mustard, lemon juice and other spices to taste. The recipe for tasty okroshka with mineral waterallows you to cook a dish in a hurry. However, to taste such a cold soup is not inferior to the classic version of cooking.
Okroshka with sausage
Most housewives traditionally used in the preparation of this dish or boiled meat or boiled sausage. We offer a little move away from the rules and cook an unusual cold soup. It uses smoked or half-smoked sausage (about 400 g) as the original ingredient. Okroshka turns out unusual, but very tasty.
Potatoes, eggs and other ingredients are prepared in the same way as previous recipes. As a fill used kefir or kvass (1.5 liters). Before adding to sliced products, they must be well cooled.To taste, other ingredients are added to okroshka, such as sour cream, salt, citric acid, mustard. Cold soup with smoked flavor and taste poured into plates and served to the table.
Recipe for lean hash
A must-have ingredient in this traditional dish is meat or sausage. But if you stick to the church, these ingredients will have to be abandoned.
The recipe for tasty okroshka (lean) is as follows:
- First of all, prepare boiled water and cool it well.
- Finely chop boiled potatoes, cucumbers, radishes and greens. Neither eggs nor meat are used in the preparation of lean hash.
- Hand-picked lettuce leaves are added.
- Green onions are chopped and frayed in a mortar before the formation of juice.