Waldorf doll do it yourself
Waldorf doll is a rag doll made from natural material. It has many advantages, thanks to which it has gained popularity in our time. To the touch, the Waldorf doll is soft and pleasant, its proportions correspond to human ones - this helps the child to form the correct perception of his small and plump body. In this article we will look at how to sew a Waldorf doll with your own hands.
You will need:cotton fabric beige, cotton wool, a skein of thread, a needle thread, a centimeter, scissors, sewing pins, a piece of chalk or dry soap, yarn or floss threads, materials for sewing clothes and shoes.
- Print the pattern. It consists of the following parts: 4 parts of hands, 1 pattern of the head and 2 parts of the body combined with the legs.
- During the cutting of parts do not forget to leave allowances for seams.
- Arrange 4 pieces of wool of the same size and place a skein of thread in the center.
- Wrap the skein with pieces of cotton, tie it with a thread and cut off the tails of the thread.
- Measure the circumference of the ball.
- According to the size of the circle, cut out a rectangle of fabric, then sew the pipe and stitch the side. The side will be the bottom layer of the head on which the doll’s face features are formed.
- Pull the pipes up with thread, turn out the workpiece and put it on the ball.
- Wrap the thread 2 times in the neck and tie it on the side where the doll's face will be.
- Place the ends of the threads on the sides, then make a vertical tie and tie at the top of the head.
- Measure the long thread, twist it 2 times horizontally in the center of the head, then tie a knot near the vertical tension.
- Combine 2 yarns with several stitches using a needle.
- Stick the needle into the center of the intersection, leave a few centimeters of thread near the same side and pull it out from the other side.
- Make a few stitches at the second intersection and leave the tail.
- Pull down the thread near the ear area in the direction of the neck, then tie around the neck.
- Hook the back and vertical threads with a needle and pull them together. Repeat this process on both sides.
- Roll a ball of cotton and sew it as a nose.
- Sew a part of the head from the fabric along the top and side seam, then turn it to the front side.
- Put the part on the workpiece and make extra places with sewing pins.
- Remove the fabric and turn on the wrong side.
- Make stitches in place of the pins and cut off excess fabric.
- Remove the part and slide it onto the workpiece.
- Pull the thread in the neck 2 times and tie.
- Pull the bottom edges of the thread seam forward with a needle.
- Chalk the hairline.
- Insert the thread with a needle at the intended growth line, stick out through the centimeter and secure with a small seam back with a needle.
- Reverse the stitch, pull the needle closer to the crown and fasten the thread again.
- Repeat steps 23 and 24 in the opposite direction. Thus, you will have 2 hairs.
- Fold the whole head around in a similar way.
- Make the doll bangs in the same way, if necessary trim a haircut with scissors.
- Attach the sewing pins to the eye and mouth.
- Put the head of the doll to the side and proceed to tailoring the body.
- Transfer the pattern to the fabric and cut out the parts of the body.
- Sew the paired parts together, then turn them on the front side.
- Tamper with cotton or other filler, then attach the sewing pins to the base of the head.
- Check the symmetry of the mount by putting the handles together in front.
- Remove pins and sew handles with small stitches.
- Sew seam allowances on the handles with coarse thread.
- Turn out the torso with legs, then tamp foot.
- Sew a secret seam wall of the feet.
- Tighten the legs with a filler and make a seam forward with a needle from two sides around the perimeter of the upper part of the legs.
- Fill the torso with a filler and attach with pins to the base of the head.
- Connect the elements with a secret seam in the shoulder area and secure the torso around the neck with the same seam.
- Add a filler to the trunk so that it is more dense.
- Sew up the remaining holes with the seam.
- Sew doll clothes and shoes to your taste. With a detailed photo-master class for sewing shoes, check out the photo gallery shown above. Also you will find patterns for tailoring a sundress and a dress. Choose a beautiful fabric and start creating a stylish outfit for the doll.