White thick discharge from women
The appearance of white thick vaginal discharge is a reason to consult a doctor. They can talk about the beginning of any disease, in which early diagnosis will avoid the development of serious pathology and the appearance of complications.
There is always a selection. This is a natural process that is considered the norm: the secret is secreted by the glands and, passing through the genital tract, they seem to clear the vagina. Normally mucosal, transparent, odorless. At different times of the menstrual cycle, the abundance of discharge varies.
Strengthening of discharge can be observed when using vaginal suppositories, with overwork, stress, arousal and more. Some women normally have white thick discharge, which is odorless and does not cause inconvenience: no itching, burning, body temperature.
The appearance of white secretions should be alarming: only a gynecologist can draw a line between the norm and pathology. If the white discharge is the result of some disease, then treatment is urgently needed.
When you change the texture does not occur itching and other negative feelings in the form of irritation of the mucous membrane, pain when urinating, this can be the norm.
White thick discharge may appear during or immediately after intercourse. This is a normal reaction of the body to the need to moisten the walls of the vagina.
An increase in the amount of secretion can be observed around the middle of the menstrual cycle. During this period, discharge is more frequent, especially when urinating. This phenomenon indicates a successful ovulation, which occurred just in time.
White thick discharge may appear before menstruation: they can talk about the shifts of the menstrual cycle. This character of the secret may indicate an increased release of progesterone, which is intensively produced by the body during the first time of pregnancy. If the pregnancy has not come, and there are secretions, then this may indicate a hormonal failure. Before menstruation, the secret will become more diluted, and after them everything will return to normal.
Excretion in pregnant women
White thick discharge in women occurs during pregnancy until the twelfth week.After this period, they become more abundant and liquid. And only from the third trimester of the selection again become white. During this period, this phenomenon may indicate a cork mucous discharge: it clogs the cervix and protects the fetus from infection. The stopper can come out immediately or flow out gradually over a period of three days. In the first case, you must immediately collect things and go to the hospital.
White thick discharge from women may indicate a change in nutrition, the admission of some medications. Also, changes can be the result of diets: dropping a few kilograms, the body does not have time to rebuild, because of which the cyclicity is broken.
Diseases Speaking of Illness
Thick discharge of white, appearing in any period, should be alarming. They can be the norm, and they can talk about the appearance of pathology. Determine exactly the cause of the disease can only gynecologist. During the examination, the doctor takes a smear for analysis. This procedure is painless and quick.
Sometimes during changes in the nature of the secret, there may be weakness, an increase in temperature.In this case, you should not postpone the visit to the doctor, because such discharge is a symptom of infection (if the temperature and weakness are not caused by other pathologies).
Sour odor discharge
The appearance of white thick secretions with the smell of acid can talk about pathology. In general, the appearance of whiter is a normal process that occurs when cells that cover the walls of the genitals are renewed. Dead cells are exfoliated, mixed with mucus and go outside. The composition of whites includes discharge from the uterus. This feature allows you to determine the time of menstruation: before it the amount of discharge increases. Therefore, white and transparent discharges that do not cause itching, pain and burning are considered to be the norm.
The appearance of sour odor, as well as itching, may indicate a candidiasis or thrush. It occurs for various reasons: hormonal failure, taking certain medications, during pregnancy, in violation of personal hygiene. Also, this disease may occur due to the use of antibacterial hygiene, toilet paper. Often, thrush occurs as a result of stress, with a change in the climatic zone, eating disorders.
White thick, odorless discharge is considered the norm, but in violation of hygiene, reduced immunity, as well as the penetration of pathogenic microorganisms, the vaginal microflora changes. Normally, it contains multiple opportunistic microflora, with increased reproduction of which causes inflammation.
The following types of whiter should alert:
- Ample, white, cheesy consistency. When white thick secretions and itching appear, women experience severe discomfort, especially when sitting. This is a bright sign of thrush.
- Abundant frothy discharge more than five milliliters per day.
- Highlight any color: brown, yellow, green and other shades.
- Discharges with an unpleasant odor: sour, fishy, putrid, the smell of onions, etc.
- Any discharge in combination with itching, discomfort, dryness during intercourse, with redness of the external genitalia, as well as with pain in the lower abdomen. The doctor should be consulted for burning, pain during urination, with an increase in body temperature. When pain occurs during intercourse or immediately after it.
If the discharge changes color, smell, quantity, a feeling of discomfort appears, then these are all signs of pathology. Thus, the body reacts to inflammation of the reproductive system, and to determine the cause of the disease, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Types of discharge
In women, the discharge may have a different origin:
- Pipe - appear with inflammation of the pipes. When pathology in the fallopian tubes accumulates a secret that first penetrates the uterus, and then, through the cervix out into the vagina and out.
- Vaginal. This species is considered the most "innocuous." When inflammation of the vagina, the leucorrhoea can be white, yellow and other shades. Most often they have an unpleasant smell. Changes in vaginal discharge can talk about thrush, trichomoniasis, gardnerella and other ailments.
- Neck secret. When inflammation of the cervix, pathological discharge occurs. The cause may be chlamydia, gonorrhea, ureaplasmosis, etc.
- Uterine discharge. They occur with endometritis. During inflammation, the secret through the channels comes out, mixed with cervical and vaginal secretions.
Definition of disease by color
The appearance of white thick, odorless or odorous discharge in women, as well as whitening of other colors may indicate the presence of various pathologies. There are more than a hundred pathological conditions. Diagnose on the basis of color and nature of the discharge can not any gynecologist. This is due to the fact that the same white thick discharge without an itch appears not only with different ailments, but also in normal conditions. The same thrush can be combined with other bacterial infections. To identify the causative agent, it is necessary to carry out a bactericidal smear, as well as test for STIs. These types of laboratory diagnostics help establish the causative agent, which means that the gynecologist will be able to prescribe the correct treatment. Although the color of the discharge can tell what exactly was the possible cause of the disease:
- Transparent discharge in large quantities can be the result of chlamydia
- With a gray shade whiter with a sharp fishy smell - bacterial vaginosis or gardnerellosis.
- Greenish highlights. In this form, purulent processes take place in the genitals: the richer the green color, the stronger the inflammatory process. Leukocytes lend such a tint to the white skin: the more of them, the stronger the inflammation and the brighter the color of discharge.
- Yellow whites.This shade occurs when infected with trichomonads. Most often, pathological microorganisms are localized in the vagina, where leukocytes are smaller.
- White color. White thick, odorless and itchy discharge is characteristic of both the norm and pathology. This kind of whiter can talk about pregnancy, thrush and other ailments.
Consider the shade of discharge as a diagnosis of pathology is impossible, because one symptom may be the result of various ailments.
When to see a doctor
If the discharge a little - no more than a teaspoon per day, then you can not worry. But if, with an increase in the amount of discharge, symptoms such as itching, burning, pain, irregular menstruation, and discolouration appear, this indicates pathology. All these symptoms require fast treatment to the gynecologist:
- First, the doctor will examine on the chair. Gynecological mirrors allow you to inspect the cervix, vaginal wall, assess their condition, see inflammation and other pathological processes.
- In some cases, the doctor may perform a colposcopy. It is necessary to confirm or refute dysplasia and cervical erosion.
- If an STI is suspected, the gynecologist may send a smear by PCR for analysis.
- When complaining of pain, as well as in violation of the menstrual cycle, with suspected inflammation of the appendages, uterus, an ultrasound scan is shown, which can help establish the clinical picture.
In case of diseases of the reproductive system, you should contact a gynecologist, because only he will help determine the true cause of the disease and choose the right treatment regimen. With each problem in the intimate zone associated with the appearance of pathological secretions, it is necessary to solve it in a comprehensive and phased manner.
To begin, the doctor must determine the cause of the pathology, the pathogen is established. After that, the source of infection is eliminated: antibacterial drugs are selected, surgical intervention is prescribed, and local drugs are selected. At this stage, the destruction of the pathogenic flora of the genitals.
The next stage is the restoration of the natural healthy microflora. For this, the doctor selects hormones, suppositories with lactic acid, a diet is developed, etc. After the microflora is normalized, the immune system is adjusted: vitamins and physiotherapy are prescribed.
It is mandatory to take measures to improve blood circulation in the intimate area. This is usually done by prescribing exercise therapy and other procedures.
One of the ways to prevent certain types of pathologies is regular intimate hygiene. If it is observed, it is possible to prevent inflammation of the genital organs.
Personal hygiene rules are not only water procedures, but also the wearing and timely changing of sanitary pads, protected sex, as well as careful choice of a partner. Woman's health depends on the woman herself - this should be understood. From an early age, girls should be taught to look after themselves, in the intimate area.